Ganapatipule Beach is a spectacular paradise along the Konkan Coast. It's a perfect gateway that captivates beach lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and pilgrims as well. It simply looks stunning with the Ganapati temple on the shores that offers a soothing atmosphere.
Districts/ Region :
Ratnagiri district , Maharashtra, India.
The temple is believed to be 400 plus years old. One of the devotees of Lord Ganesha named Balbhatji Bhide found the idol of Lord Ganesha, and he installed that image at the foothills of a small hill located on the coast of the village. The shape of the hill resembles Lord Ganesha, hence, many of the tourists encompass this hill. The idol is facing towards the west direction on the western coast. Hence, it is known as Paschim Dwarpalak too.
During Ganeshotsav, people in Ganpatipule and surrounding villages such as Ganpatigule, Malgund, Jaygad, and others do not celebrate the festival individually, instead; all people gather together and worship the Lord Ganesha in this temple.
Ganpatipule is a coastal place in the Konkan region of Maharashtra with Sahyadri mountains on one side and the Arabian Sea on the other. It is 25 KM to the north of Ratnagiri city, 153 KM away from Kolhapur and 375 KM away from Mumbai. The place is accessible by road.
The prominent weather in the region is rainfall, the Konkan belt experiences High Rainfall (ranges around 2500 mm to 4500 mm), and the climate remains Humid and warm. The temperature reaches up to 30 degrees Celsius during this season.Summers are hot and humid, and the temperature touches 40 degrees Celsius.
Winters have comparatively milder climate (around 28 degrees Celsius), and the weather remains Cool and Dry
Things to do :
Ganpatipule has a long and extensive coastline of about 12 KM. The beach is very clean and has white sand which attracts tourists from all over Maharashtra as well as surrounding states. Water sports activities are also available apart from horse carts for riding on the beach.Apart from pleasure activities, the place has religious importance since it has a temple of Lord Ganesha.
Nearest tourist place :
- One can plan to visit the following tourist places along with Ganpatipule.
- Jaigad : Jaigad fort was constructed in the 16th century, and it is situated 20 KM away from Ganpatipule near Shastri creek. It also has a lighthouse.
- Are-ware Beach : Beautiful twin beaches are situated 10 KM away from Ganpatipule.
- Malgund : Birthplace of famous Marathi poet ‘Keshavsut’, is situated 1 KM away from Ganpatipule.
- Pawas: The place is famous for the ashram of spiritual leader Swami Swaroopanand, located 41 KM away from Ganpatipule
How to travel to tourist place by Rail, Air, Road (train, flight, bus) with distance and required time :
- Ganpatipule is accessible by road, it is connected to the NH 66, Mumbai Goa Highway. Buses are available from the cities such as Ratnagiri, Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur and Sangli.
- Nearest Airport: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Airport 332 KM
- Nearest Railway Station: Ratnagiri Railway station 30 KM
Special food speciality and hotel :
Being on the coastal part of Maharashtra, seafood is a speciality here. However, it is one of the most visited tourist destinations and is connected to Mumbai, the restaurants here serve a variety of cuisine.
Accommodation facilities nearby & Hotel/ Hospital/Post Office/Police station :
- Numerous accommodation options are available in the form of hotels, resorts as well as homestays.
- Primary health care is available at Malgund at a distance of 3 KM.
- The post office is in Ganpatipule village.
- The nearest police station is at a distance of 22.6 KM.
MTDC Resort nearby details :
MTDC resort is available in Ganpatipule.
Visiting Rule and Time, Best month to visit :
The place is accessible throughout the year. The best time to visit is from October to March since the plentiful rainfall lasts from June to October, and the summers are hot and humid.Tourists should check the timings of high as well as low tides before entering into the sea.High tides during the monsoon season could be dangerous hence should be avoided.
Language spoken in area :
English, Hindi, Marathi, Konkani