• A-AA+
  • NotificationWeb

    Title should not be more than 100 characters.


    0

Asset Publisher

Amravati

About Amravati
The original name for Amravati is "Udumbravati," the prakrut form is "Umbravati," and "Amravati" has been recognised by this name for ages. Amravati is the mispronunciation form of this, and Amravati is currently recognised as such. Amravati is claimed to be named after the old Ambadevi temple.
Stone carved inscription on the base of a marble statue of God Adinath (Jain God) Rhishabhnath provides ancient confirmation of Amravati's existence. This indicates that these monuments were erected in 1097. In the 13th century, Govind Maha Prabhu visited Amravati, while Warhad was ruled by Deogiri's Hindu King (Yadav).
There was a famine (drought) in Amravati in the 14th century, and many fled to Gujrat and Malva. After several years, the local people were repatriated to Amravati, resulting in a demographic shortage. Badashah Aurangzeb bestowed Mager Aurangpura (today's 'Sabanpura') to Jumma Majseed in the 16th century. This indicates that Muslims and Hindus coexisted in this area.
By the time Amravati was known as Bhosle ki Amravati, Chhatrapati Shahoo Maharaj had handed Amravati and Badnera to Shri Ranoji Bhosle in 1722. After the treaties of Devgaon and Anjangaon Surji and the victory over Gavilgad, Ranoji Bhosle rebuilt and thrived the city (Fort of Chikhaldara). Wellesly, a British general author, tented in Amravati, which is still known as a camp.
The city of Amravati was founded around the end of the 18th century. Amravati was ruled by the Nizam and Bosale states of the Union. They selected a tax officer, but the defensive system suffered a setback. The British seized Gavilgad Fort on December 15, 1803. The Warhad was handed to Nizam as a gift of friendship, according to the Deogaon contract. After that, the Warhad had Nizam's monopoly.

Geography The city of Amravati is 340 metres above sea level. The Pohara and Chirodi hills are located in the city's eastern outskirts. Maltekdi is a hill located within the city limits. Maltekdi stands at a height of roughly 60 metres, with a huge maratha statue, Shri Shivaji Maharaj, atop the hill. Chhatri Talao and Wadali Talao are two lakes in the city's eastern outskirts.
The city is situated at a height of 20o 56′ north and 77o 47′ east in East Maharashtra. It is the most important city in west Vidarbha. It is located on the Mumbai-Calcutta expressway.

Tourist Places
Melghat,Bhimkund (Kitchakdari)Vairat Devi,Sunset Point,Bir Dam,Panchbol Point,Kalapani Dam,Mahadev Mandir,Semadhoh Tiger Project,Hariken Point,Mozari Point,Prospect Point,
Devi Point,Goraghat,Shakkar Lake,Malviya and Sunrise Point,Government Garden,Museums,Waterfalls,Dharkhura,Bakadari,Kolkaz,Pancha Dhara waterfall,
Gawilgad Fort,Barkul Gate, Hauz Katora,Navab Mahal,The Cemetery,Dulha Darvaza,samadhi of sant Gadge Maharaj,Samadhi of Ramgir Baba,Punjaji Maharaj Samadhi,Dabheri lake,Bendoji Baba,Khatesvar Baba
Samadhi of Rudranath,Bendoji Maharaj Samadhi,asram called Gurukunj(MOZRI),Samadhi of Ramji Maharaj,Ambabaicd Math and Lahan Math,Math of Cum Gangadhar svami,Samadhi of Gulabpuri Maharaj,
Pathrot Gardens,Bagaji Baba,

How to Reach

By Road:
The Amravati Municipal Corporation manages the city bus service. Also common are private auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws. Amravati has also begun operating a Women's Special City bus, a first in the Vidarbha region.


By Train:
The Amravati railway station, located in the city's centre, serves as a terminus. It was impossible to expand the railway line any further. As a result, when a new railway line was laid to connect Badnera junction to Narkhed on the Nagpur-Itarsi main railway line, a new station was built outside the city.


By Air:
The Maharashtra Airport Development Company operates Amravati Airport, which is located near Bellora, 15 kilometres from NH-6 in the direction of Yavatmal (MADC). There are currently no commercial scheduled flights. The Nagpur Flying Club has requested permission from the DGCA to relocate its operations to Amravati Airport. A helipad is also available.

The district is bounded by Betul District of Madhya Pradesh state to the north, and by the Maharashtra districts of Nagpur to the northeast, wardha to the east, Yavatmal to the south, Washim  to the southwest, and Akola and Buldhana districts to the west.

The most common language spoken in Buldhana is the Marathi language. More than 98 percent of cities population speak Marathi as first language. Marathi is A compulsory subject taught in English and Hindi Medium school. Hindi is spoken by 1 percent of population. All Hindi speakers in Buldana can speak fluent Marathi due to its commercial status.
Sailani Baba Urs festival is observed by the local community of Buldhana annually which is considered as the symbol of communal Harmony.



Images