Akloli Hot Water Spring is at Akloli village in the Bhiwanditaluka in the district of Thane in Maharashtra. It is about 2.3 KM away from Vajreshwari. They are also known as Rameshwar hot springs due to their close association with the Rameshwar temple.
Thane District, Maharashtra, India.Thane District, Maharashtra, India.ia.
Unique Features / Exclusivity
The hot springs at Akloli are on the left bank of the Tansa River. Akloli is approx 2 KM from Vajreshwari village. The springs were visited by locals as well as Europeans during the medieval era. The legends say the water tasted the same as the water of the springs at the city of Bath in England, except for its iron content.
The springs are to the east of Virar and north of Thane on the left bank of the Tansa river. The hot water temperature of the individual springs varies from 45°C to 48°C.
The prominent weather in the region is rainfall, the Konkan belt experiences High Rainfall (ranges around 2500 mm to 4500 mm), and the climate remains Humid and warm. The temperature reaches up to 30 degrees Celsius during this season.
Summers are hot and humid, and the temperature touches 40 degrees Celsius.
Winters have a comparatively milder climate (around 28 degrees Celsius), and the weather remains Cool and Dry
Things to do
There are various hot water springs in the vicinity of Akloli. These hot water springs are in the surroundings of numerous temples, which can be visited. Hot water is believed to have medicinal values and cures skin related diseases.
Nearest tourist places
● Tungareshwar National Park: The park is at a distance of 21.7 KM from Akloli. It is a dense forest and serves as a house for many plants and animals. The place provides scenic beauty during the monsoon season as various waterfalls bloom during this period. Many migratory birds can be seen here from January to March.
● Tansa Lake: The place has a calm and clean environment hence, it attracts a lot of tourists from Mumbai, Thane and surrounding regions. It also offers scenic views for photography. Apart from this bird watching and camping can be done here. It is at a distance of 35 KM from Akloli.
● Thane creek: The place has a flamingo sanctuary and it is 54 KM to the south of Akloli. The creek is surrounded by mangrove forests and welcomes various migratory birds every year from January to March.
● Bhivpuri Waterfall Karjat Mumbai: Bhivpuri Waterfall is at a distance of 85 KM from Akloli. Situated in green surroundings, the waterfall attracts tourists from the surrounding regions.
● Kamshet: Kamshet Paragliding is one of the state’s top destinations for paragliding. The appropriate time for paragliding in Kamshet is between October and May. It is at a distance of 50.6 KM from Pune and 102 KM from Mumbai. It also serves outdoor activities like water sports and parasailing.
● Kelwa beach: Located 67 KM to the northwest of Akloli. It is the best place for relaxation around Mumbai. It becomes more pleasant during the early mornings and sunset. One can hear the beautiful rhythmic sound of sea waves.
Special food speciality and hotel
Here restaurants have varieties of cuisine. But, Maharashtrian cuisine is the speciality of this place.
Accommodation facilities nearby & Hotel/ Hospital/Post Office/Police station
Various hotels, resorts and lodges are available in Thane. Thane city has a well-developed network of hospitals
The nearest post office is at a distance of 1.3 KM.
The nearest police station is at a distance of 0.4 KM
Visiting Rule and Time, Best month to visit
Thane is accessible throughout the year. The best time to visit Thane is during October – March when an average temperature remains around 22degree celsius.
Language spoken in area
English, Hindi and Marathi.