There is a commotion in the Sangameshwar district at a distance of 12 km north of the city of Sangamesh on the Mumbai-Gova old highway. There is a large temple of the Bhavani goddess to which many pilgrims visit every year.
Very little is known about the history of this fort. Experts claim to have been built in the 14th century. The Chhampati Shivaji Maharaji restored the fort in 1661 and built a temple of Bhavani Mate. In 1818 the British won the fort.
Ways to reach:
On the Mumbai-Gova Highway, at a distance of 11 km north of Sangameshwar, it is headed to the village of Tural. From here, reach for Kadwai (Raksha) or Mhabadevali (if a private vehicle). The footpath leading to the fort starts from here. ST buses run regularly on this route. The fort is about 2 km from Mhabaddevadi.