Gangapur boat club - DOT-Maharashtra Tourism
Publicador de Conteúdo
Gangapur boat club
Gangapur boat club is at Gangapur Dam in Nashik, located outskirts of Nashik city. The boat club is managed and operated by MTDC for all types of water sports activities.
Nashik District, Maharashtra, India
Gangapur Dam is the longest earthen dam in Asia. It was constructed in 1965 using compact layers of soil instead of rocks. The purpose of the dam is irrigation. The concept of a boat club at this place was put forth in the years 2009 and 2014. Finally, the boat rides began in the backwaters of the dam on 22nd December 2020.
The Gangapur dam is constructed on the Godavari River surrounded by hills and other dams in its vicinity such as Gautami and Kashyapi. The dam is located 16 KM to the northwest of Nashik city.
The average annual temperature in the region is 24.1 degrees Celsius.
Winters are extreme in this region, and the temperature goes as low as 12 degrees Celsius.
The sun is very harsh during summers. The region gets more rain during summer than winters. The temperature during summer goes above 30 degrees Celsius.
The average annual rainfall is around 1134 mm.
things to do
The boat club has a lot to offer to all the age groups children, adults or senior citizens. The place offers water sports activities such as Banana tube, Bumper, Jet skiing, dragon boating and kayaking.
In addition to this, it also serves lake cruising in speed boats as well as party barges.
In addition to this one can simply enjoy the sunset at the boat club while having snacks and beverages from a nearby café.
Nearest tourist places
One can plan to visit the following tourist places along with Gangapur boat club:
● Someshwar: Situated at a distance of 8 KM from Gangapur boat club one can visit the beautiful picnic spot where one can visit Shri Someshwar where Lord Shiva temple is located with beautiful foliage of trees on the banks of River Godavari.
● Balaji Temple and waterfall: Located 6 KM away from the dam exists a beautifully constructed temple of Lord Balaji, which gets illuminated with thousands of lights during Diwali. The temple is associated with Someshwar waterfall which is a must-visit place during and after the monsoon season.
● Sula vineyards: Nashik is popularly known as the 'Wine capital of India' due to the large-scale production of grapes and wines. One can take a guided tour to Sula vineyards where one can see the production process of wine. Each year during January, Sula Fest has been organized to this place where renowned International music bands perform at this place. It is located 8 KM away from the Boat club.
● Soma Vineyards: Like Sula Wines the Soma WInes is another winery located around 5 KM away from the Gangapur Dam. The place has good restaurants and shops.
● Trimbakeshwar Temple: ShriTrimbakeshwar Temple is located at a distance of about 28 KM from Nashik, Maharashtra near the mountain named Brahmagiri, the source of River Godavari. Trimbakeshwar Temple is a religious center having one of the twelve Jyotirlingas.
Special food specialty and hotel
Nashik is famous for Maharashtrian cuisine. Along with that street-food like Misalpaav and Vada, paav are the special dishes over here. Nashik is also famous for Chivda.
Accommodation facilities nearby & Hotel/Hospital/Post Office/Police station
Various farm houses and resorts are available around the dam.
Several hospitals are at a distance of 8 to 10 KM from the Boat club.
The nearest post office is at a distance of 3 KM from the Boat club.
The nearest police station is available at a distance of 10 KM in Anandvalli.
Visiting Rule and Time, Best month to visit
The boat rides are available from 10:00A.M. at 6:00P.M. on all days.
For kayaking one must know swimming.
The minimum age for lake cruising and speed boating is two years and for the rest of the rides, it is five years.
One wants to enjoy the sunset then there is a Sunset cruise between 6:00P.M. to 7:00P.M. All safety standards are mandatory.
Tourists can visit throughout the year, but September to March are the best months to visit.
Language spoken in area
English, Hindi and Marathi.