Juhu - DOT-Maharashtra Tourism
Publicador de Conteúdo
Juhu is a coastal place located on the western shores of India in the Mumbai suburban region of Maharashtra. Juhu is among the most affluent areas of the city and home to many Bollywood celebrities. A popular weekend getaway for tourists and visitors in and around Mumbai.
Mumbai suburban district, Maharashtra, India.
During the 19th century, Juhu was an island. It was a long, narrow sandbar rising above sea level by a couple of meters, located just off the west coast of Salsette. Later it was connected to the mainland of Mumbai with reclamation. India's first civil aviation airport was founded here in 1928. The beach is among the most popular sites in the city for the annual Ganesh Visarjan ceremony when thousands of devotees arrive in grand processions, carrying idols of the Lord Ganesh of various sizes, to immerse in the sea at the beach.
Juhu beach is in the western coastal region of Maharashtra in between Malad creek and Meethi river on the Arabian sea. It has Versova beach to its north.
The prominent weather in the region is rainfall, the Konkan belt experiences High Rainfall (ranges around 2500 mm to 4500 mm), and the climate remains Humid and warm. The temperature reaches up to 30 degrees Celsius during this season.
Summers are hot and humid, and the temperature touches 40 degrees Celsius.
Winters in the region have a comparatively milder climate (around 28 degrees Celsius), and the weather remains Cool and Dry
things to do
Juhu Beach is famous for water sports activities such as banana boat rides, jet-skiing, parasailing, and even bumper boat and fly-fishing rides etc.
The Gandhi Gram is at the north end of the beach, which is a place where children can play sports like basketball, cricket, and football.
Exciting activities like horse and camel rides are also available at Juhu Beach.
People who come here also do activities like jogging, rope-skipping, cycling, and Yoga.
Nearest tourist places
One can plan to visit the following tourist places along with Juhu beach.
- ISKCON temple: It is also known as Hare Rama Hare Krishna Temple. This beautiful marble structure has numerous halls for prayers and preaching.
- Film City: The place is 14.2 KM from Juhu beach. It is situated in Goregaon East, Mumbai and is also called Dadasaheb Phalke Chitranagari. Most Bollywood films are shot here equipped with studios, theaters and recording rooms.
- Shree Siddhivinayak Temple: This holy place is located in the Prabhadevi area 16 KM south of the Juhu beach and is one of the most flourishing temples in Mumbai, built approximately in the 18th century. Dedicated to Lord Ganesha.
- Powai Lake – Powai Lake situated 15 KM away from Juhu beach is an artificial lake built by the British. Birds like ducks, kingfishers and falcons visit the place often.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park – This scenic national park is about 19 KM away from Juhu beach, and it is notable for being a weekend getaway for the Mumbaikars. Sanjay Gandhi National Park has numerous species of animals, birds and butterflies within the park.
Special food specialty and hotel
Various stalls of local snacks such as Panipuri, Bhelpuri, Pavbhaji and local dishes are available here. Along with this, stalls of South Indian, as well as Chinese, are also available.
Accommodation facilities nearby & Hotel/Hospital/Post Office/Police station
Numerous hotels are available around Juhu beach.
Hospitals are in the vicinity of the beach.
The nearest post office is at a distance of 1.6 KM.
Tara road police station is at a distance of 0.75 KM.
Visiting Rule and Time, Best month to visit
The place is accessible throughout the year. The ideal time
to head for Juhu Beach is from October through February.
Avoid visiting during the heavy monsoons of Mumbai, as the
high tides would add to the risk.
Summers are too hot, so it is better to visit this place during
early morning or in the evening.
Language spoken in area
English, Hindi and Marathi.