Khindsi Lake is a lake near Ramtek city in the Nagpur district. It is known as central India’s largest boating centre and amusement park. Numerous tourists visit this lake every year. It offersvariety of activities such as boating, water sports, etc. and it also has a resort.
Nagpur district, Maharashtra, India.
Ramtek Irrigation Project is locally and Popularly known as '’Khindsi Lake'’. Its Official designation is '’Ramtek D 01103’’. Ramtek dam was builtto fulfil the need of irrigation in the year 1923 by the British Government. It is situated on Sur River in Ramtek district of Maharashtra. The dam is an Earth fill dam.
Khindsi, the panoramic and giant lake surrounded by dense forests on all sides, is located about 3.5 KM from Ramtek and 53 KM from Nagpur. It is located to the south of Pench National Park.
The region is mostly dry throughout the year, and Summers are extreme. The temperatures in summers are around 30-40 degrees Celsius.
Winters here came to be as low as 10 degrees Celsius.
The average annual rainfall in this region is around 1064.1 mm.
Things to do
Tourists can witness the sunset at the Lake, go on an orange orchard tour.
It attracts many tourists owing to its scenic beauty and it offers a beautiful picnic spot.
Nearest tourist places
- Waki Woods: - Situated at a distance of about 30 KM from Nagpur, Waki Wood is a must visit place. The beautiful place offers activities such asarchery, boating, trekking as well as photography.
- Ramtek fort temple: - Away from the city crowd, located on the top of hill,this temple is a popular for its rich mythological history. It is believed that Lord Rama took a rest in this temple on his way to Sri Lanka,hence this temple has some religious important.
- Ambazari Lake: - The Ambazari Lake is the largest amongst the eleven lakes in the city of Nagpur. It is one of the popular tourist places amongst the visitors and is known for recreational activities like boating in both rowboats as well as paddle boats.
- Akshardham Temple: - Swaminarayan temple or Akshardham temple is situated on the ring road in Nagpur. The newly constructed temple also offers a giant kitchen, parking lot, a restaurant and a kid’s play area. The temple looks more beautiful and attractive under its excellent lighting, one must visit this temple at the time of evening.
- Raman Science Centre: - The Raman Science Centre is an interactive science centre located in Nagpur is affiliated with Mumbai’s Nehru Science Centre and is developed to promote a scientific attitude amongst the masses. The centre was established on 7th March in 1992, it was named after one of the famous Nobel Laureate of India, Chandrashekhar Venkata Rama.
- Bohra Masjid: - Mostly worshipped by the Dawoodi Bohra community of Nagpur, the wonderful piece of architecture is mainly used for community gatherings and weddings.
Special food speciality and hotel
A variety of snacks are available here including bhaji, vada pav, misal pav, pav bhaji, sabudana khichdi, pohe, upma, sheera, and panipuri. Savaji cuisine is famous from Vidarbha, and restaurants in proximity offer some of the best dishes from it.
Accommodation facilities nearby & Hotel/ Hospital/Post Office/Police station
Various hotels and lodges are available aroundKhindsi Lake.
Hospitals are available in Ramtek around 3.4 KM
The nearest Post office is available at 3.3 KM in Ramtek.
The nearest police station is at 3.2 KM in Ramtek.
Visiting Rule and Time, Best month to visit
The best time to visit Nagpur is from the month of October to March. Spanning from December to January winters are pleasing with a minimum temperature of about 10°C. This is the best time to visit Nagpur. The monsoon season spans from July to September with medium to heavy rainfalls during this season. It remains open from 10:00 A.M to 06:30 P.M every day.
Language spoken in area
English, Hindi and Marathi.