Devkund Falls is a waterfall located near Bhira, at Ravet in
Maharashtra, India. It is a plunge type of waterfall tumbling great
amounts of water on the rocky surface beneath it. It is a popular spot
for a short picnic. Few people believe it as a bathing place of Gods.
Raigad district, Maharashtra, India.
It is believed that Devkund is at the confluence of three waterfalls and it is said that the River Kundalika originates at this place.The waterfalls are at their best during the monsoon season.It offers great view during the monsoon as one can see the beautiful greenery associated with plunging waterfalls in the vicinity.
Devkund waterfall is located on Kundalika river at Bhira, Roha, Raigad, India. The height of the Devkund waterfall is 2,700 ft. It is surrounded by hilly terrain of Sahyadri’s and located to the south of Bhira and west of Mulshi Dam. It has Pune to its east, Lonavala to the north, Kolad to the west and Mahad to the south.
The climate at this place is hot and humid with abundance of rainfall, the Konkan belt experiences High Rainfall which ranges around 2500 mm to 4500 mm. The temperature reaches up to 30 degrees Celsius during this season.
Summers are hot and humid, and the temperature touches 40 degrees Celsius.
Winters have a comparatively milder climate (around 28 degrees Celsius), and the weather remains Cool and Dry.
Things to do
Tourists can visit amusing places such as Ghangad Fort, Devkund waterfall, Bhira Dam.
Tourists can also camp near Bhira Reservoir.
Bhira-Devkund Trek- The most popular and possibly only way to reach Devkund waterfall is the 4.5 KM trek from the Bhira village.
The place also offers sites for trekking as well as photography.
Nearest tourist places
- Karnala Fort and Sanctuary: - Karnala Fort (also called Funnel Hill) is a hill fort in Raigad district, Maharashtra, India, about 10 KM from Panvel city. Currently, it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. The height of the fort is 439m (1,440 ft). The fort is a popular destination for hiking and tourism. Distance between Devkund waterfall and Karnala Fort is 2hr 19m (96.31 KM).
- Raigad fort: - The Raigad fort is situated on a hill in Mahad, Raigad district of Maharashtra, India. It is one of the toughest fortresses on the Deccan Plateau. The Raigad ropeway, an aerial tramway, reaches 400 metres in height and 750 metres in length and visitors can reach on to the fort from the ground in the span of four minutes only.
- Nagaon Beach: - Nagaon is a town on the shores of the Arabian Sea popular for its beach, in the North Konkan region of Maharashtra, India. It is located 9 KM from Alibaug and 114 KM from Mumbai. Nagaon beach is popular mainly due to its cleanliness, water sport activities.
- Kashid Beach: - Kashid is a village in Murud taluka on the shores of the Arabian Sea popular for its clean beaches, in the North Konkan region of Maharashtra, India. It has a beautiful and pristine beach and is famous for its calmness and scenic beauty.
- Special food speciality and hotel
Though not many restaurants are available here, tourists must carry their food with them. A couple of hotels in the vicinity will offer food only if you order them in advance.
Accommodation facilities nearby & Hotel/ Hospital/Post Office/Police station
Accommodation is available in the form of Hotels, cottages, homestays and riverside camping.
Numerous hospitals are around Kolad.
The nearest post office is available at a distance of 1 KM.
The nearest police station is at a distance of 1.4 KM.
Visiting Rule and Time, Best month to visit
From late September and October to April is the best time to visit the Devkund waterfall. Since these months are right after the monsoon, the climate is pleasant in all aspects. During monsoon, the water volume increases suddenly due to the geographical arrangement of the hills, so it is unsafe to see the waterfall.Few accidents also have occurred here in the past; hence tourists are advised not to enter into the waterfall during heavy rains
Language spoken in area
English, Hindi and Marathi.