Tourist Destination / Place
ND Film Studio or ND’s Film World is one of its kind as it is the first Bollywood Theme Park of India.
Raigad District, Maharashtra, India.
Unique Features / Exclusivity
ND's Film World theme park was a film studio earlier. It was later transformed into a theme park. It was established in 2005 by Nitin Desai, a reputed Indian Art Designer and Production Designer.
The theme park is spread over an area of 43 acres. It also comprises a 25000 sq. ft indoor area. It is one of its kind theme parks in the country. Replica sets from various Bollywood movies can be seen here. There are various studio tours given by the ND’s studio Long with Bollywood attractions. There are special events and celebrations organized at festivals. The accommodation is also available at the place.
The gates of the theme park were opened for the public in 2018.
The theme park is 9.5 KM away from the city of Karjat.
The prominent weather in the region is rainfall, the Konkan belt experiences High Rainfall (ranges around 2500 mm to 4500 mm), and the climate remains Humid and warm. The temperature reaches up to 30 degrees Celsius during this season.
Summers are hot and humid, and the temperature touches 40 degrees Celsius.
Winters in the region have a comparatively milder climate (around 28 degrees Celsius), and the weather remains Cool and Dry.
Things To Do
One can visit the various sets of Bollywood movies like Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Jodha Akbar, Bajirao Mastani and others etc.
Nearest Tourist Place
- Songiri Fort (16.1 KM)
- Bhivgad/Bhimgad Fort (16.7 KM)
- Karnala Bird Sanctuary (26.1 KM)
- Matheran Hill station (29.7 KM)
- Chanderi Fort (33.1 KM)
- Ambernath Shivmandir (50 KM)
How To Travel To Tourist Place
By Air , Rail, Road (Flight, Train , Bus ) with distance and required time
- By Flight :Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai. (63.5 KM)
- By Train : Karjat Junction Railway Station (10.2 KM). Cabs and Private Vehicles can be hired from the station.
- By Bus : Karjat is well connected to adjoining cities like Mumbai (54.9 KM), Pune (96.7 KM) via highways. MSRTC Buses and Luxury Buses are available here.
Special Food Speciality And Hotel
Traditional Maharashtrian Cuisine.
Accommodation Facilities Nearby & Hotel/ Hospital/Post Office/Police Station
Various accommodation facilities are available in the vicinity.
Karjat Police Station is at a distance of 9.8 KM.
Good Health Hospital is at a distance of 7.9 KM.
MTDC Resort Nearby Details
MTDC Resort Matheran (27.5 KM) is the nearest MTDC Resort.
Tourist Guide Information
There are tour guides available inside the park.
Tour Operator Information
Visiting Rule and Time, Best Month To
● The best time to visit this theme park would be during the months of June to February as the climate is comparatively cooler in Karjat during these months.
● The entry fee is INR 999.
● The timings are 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
● Parking facilities are available.
Language Spoken In Area
English, Hindi, Marathi.